Patrick Wilson says ‘The Conjuring 2’ features the creepiest scene of James Wan’s career
The upcoming sequel to The Conjuring will feature something scarier than anything in the original, according to the film’s star.
While speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Patrick Wilson described his recent experience shooting a particularly terrifying moment in the James Wan horror movie.
“A month ago we shot this one scene, and I said to [James Wan], ‘Four movies with you, man, and this was the creepiest scene I’ve ever done,’” Wilson recounted. “It was so freaky and bizarre and strange — just get ready!”
Wilson had previously worked with Wan on Insidious, Insidious: Chapter 2 and The Conjuring.
The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist will take place in England and like the original film, the story is based on a real case. This time it follows a series of reported hauntings in Enfield, England that occurred in the late 1970s. Frances O’Connor plays a mother who makes contact with Ed and Loraine Warren after her daughter experiences something paranormal.
Other than Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, no cast members from the original Conjuring will be returning. Instead, this will be more like an anthology in which the Warrens look into a new case every time.
To see some photos from the set, check out Wan’s official Instagram page, where he has been providing updates throughout the process.
The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist hits theaters on June 10, 2016.
In Other TC4U News:
Predator Sequel: Screenwriter Offers Update
The forthcoming Predator sequel has taken a tiny step closer, as screenwriter Fred Dekker reveals he’s “just turned in” the latest draft…
Earlier this year, producer John Davies described the forthcoming Predator movie as both a sequel and a reinvention of a franchise that’s been going (off and on) since 1987. Directed by Shane Black, who’s co-writing the script with his old friend Fred Dekker, the next Predator film “is the most entertaining way to reinvent the franchise,” according to Davies.
It’ll be some time before we see exactly how Predator will be reinvented, but we can at least be content that the project’s taken a tiny shuffle forward. Via Facebook, Dekker has revealed that he’s “just turned in” a draft of the fourth Predator movie – an announcement he made by publishing an adorable picture by a seven-year-old artist.
Black and Dekker’s first collaboration was on 1987’s horror comedy, The Monster Squad, which they co-wrote for Dekker to direct. That same year, Black appeared in the original Predator alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse Ventura and Carl Weathers, while his screenplay for Lethal Weapon made huge ripples at the box-office.
Having scored a huge hit as the co-writer and director of Iron Man 3, Black’s back in 2016 with The Nice Guys, a noir-ish thriller starring Ryan Gosling, Russell Crow and Kim Basinger. After that, he has three projects lined up: an adaptation of the Remo Williams adventure novel, The Destroyer, a project based on the pulp character Doc Savage, and the aformentioned Predator movie.
We’ll have to wait and see which order Black tackles these projects in; as soon as we know more, we’ll be sure to pass it along.
What’s Your Thoughts On This? Share Below!